I introduced a new ABC station last week. Most of my kids do have the letters and sounds down pat at this point, but I do have a couple that could use the review.
For those who have a solid grasp of their letters, I have them say the sound the letter makes, or come up with a word that begins or ends with the letter sound.
1. Cut a sentence strip in half lengthwise.
2. Place alphabet stickers along the length of it.
3. Laminate. (I used clear contact paper.)
4. Program tongue depressors with 2 sets of the alphabet. (I used stickers.)
5. Have 2-3 tongue depressors with a symbol (star, crown, etc.)
To play the game:
1. Partners take turns pulling a stick, saying the letter, sound, or word, and placing it on their strip.
2. If you pull a letter that you already have, you put it back in the cup and lose a turn.
3. If you pull the star or crown, you put all you sticks back in the cup!
The kids have really enjoyed playing this one!